By Carolyn Robinson, The Dorset Cryolipo Clinic
Now you can have your cake and eat it thanks to a new, clinically-proven fat-loss treatment discovered by Harvard University scientists called cryolipolysis.
So just what is cryolipolysis? Also referred to as ‘fat freezing’ or ‘body sculpting’, cryolipolysis is the closest thing you can get to liposuction without actually going under the knife and is clinically proven to reduce fat by up to 50%.
This non-invasive treatment can be carried out in under an hour, leaving you free to carry on with your daily business as usual – no recovery time needed.
How does cryolipolysis work? The term ‘popsicle panniculitis’ was coined by Harvard scientists who studied the effect of popsicles on children. The term refers to a dermatological condition where exposure to low temperatures can selectively damage subcutaneous fat, while leaving surrounding cells intact.
The study showed that as a result of the popsicle, fat cells in the cheeks under went a cell death resulting in dimples and distortion.
This process, also known as ‘apoptosis’, is a natural and programmed cell death as fat cells are more easily damaged by cooling than skin cells.
Cryolipolysis was developed by applying low temperatures to tissue via thermal conduction. The adipocyte (fat cells), rich with saturated fatty acids and particularly sensitive to temperature reduction and freezing under such extreme conditions died.
Other cells such as skin tissue, blood vessels, and our nervous system are not as sensitive to freezing and are therefore unaffected by cryolipolysis.
Once fat cells have died they are gone from the body permanently and won’t return. Within just nine weeks of cryolipolysis, you will lose between 25-30% of fat in each area treated.
In short, cryolipolysis:
- Selectively targets and treats the fat bulges you don’t want, but haven’t managed to shift with diet or exercise, such as the wobbly tummy or love handles.
- The treatment is highly targeted rather than just offering weight loss.
- Is non-invasive, designed to reduce body fat without surgery. It is a much more effective way to reduce bulges than going under the knife.
- Unlike other treatments such as laser lipolysis, cryolipolysis doesn’t just empty fat cells, it removes them.
- Has no recovery or down time, and no need for repeat treatments.
Please call 01305 83100 or email to arrange a free consultation to assess your suitability for treatment.